Wednesday 29 April 2020

Lockdown 2020, part 1

As Gill and I are having to stay at home, I am making a photo record of our experience. I hope you find it interesting.



Our friend delivering our shopping, carefully disinfecting the bags!







Neighbours clapping as appreciation of the island's essential workers





Gilly had an upset tummy for 24 hours and a temperature so not taking any chances, she self-isolated. A tea and biscuit ready for her to collect once I was out of the way!





Leica have put on some excellent free webinars, one of which featured Cat Garcia talking about natural light portraits indoors. There was an assignment with 48 hours to produce our own, which she critiqued live online. This was one of my efforts.





I needed a facemask when I visited the hospital and unable to buy one, Gilly set about making me one - and very good it is! The only problem is she now has an order book for friends!





We make our own sourdough bread in normal times but it was helpful to be able to put a bit more time into their production.





We may be stressed out by the virus and its effects on our lives, but nature just carries on oblivious. Our Wisteria has put on a magnificent display this year.

2 comments:

  1. Great shots Carl and it is good to maintain a positive focus. My only criticism is that damn bread shot has left me cruising the kitchen for snacks! ;-) James M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Started a blog as well, only work stuff. This is way better than mine. Stay safe you guys ����

    ReplyDelete